Effective Date: January 1, 2020
BlockPower.vote is committed to protecting your privacy when you visit our website. This Privacy Statement explains what information we collect when you visit or use our website, how we use and share that information, and the policies we apply to protect the information we collect.
Collection of Information
We collect the following types of information when you use our website:
- Contact information, including your name and email address; and
- Information we collect automatically from the devices and browsers you use, including your Internet Protocol (IP) address, device identifiers, browser type and version, the date and time of your visit, information about how you use our website and the links you click and pages you view, and other standard server log information.
If you use our services, we may ask you for more information, such as your phone contacts or answers you’ve written to questions about our videos. We will ask for your permission before we collect this information.
Use of Information
We may use your information for the following purposes:
- To allow you to make use of our services;
- To manage our relationship with you, including providing you with the information and services you request from us; and
- To keep our visitors safe and secure, to comply with applicable laws and regulations, and to protect or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims.
We are committed to maintaining your trust, and we want you to understand when and with whom we may share the information we collect:
- Authorized third-party service providers. We share your information with third-party service providers that provide services to us, such as hosting our website.
- Legal purposes. We may disclose information to respond to subpoenas, court orders, legal process, law-enforcement requests, legal claims, or government inquiries, and to protect and defend our rights and interests.
- With your consent. We may share information for any other purposes disclosed to you at the time we collect the information or with your consent.
Cookies and Similar Technologies
The following types of cookies are used on our website:
- Essential cookies. These cookies are essential to enable you to browse our website and use certain features. Disabling them may prevent you from using certain parts of the services. Without these cookies, certain services cannot be provided.
- Preference cookies. These cookies store information such as your login data and website preferences. Without these cookies, we may not be able to remember certain choices you’ve previously made. These cookies can also be used to recognize your device so that you do not have to provide the same information more than once.
- Performance cookies. These cookies collect information about how you use our website, such as which pages you visit regularly. These cookies are used to provide you with a high-quality experience by doing things such as tracking page-loads, site-response times, and error messages.
- Analytics cookies. These cookies allow us to better understand how users engage with our website, such as which pages are visited most and which links are clicked most frequently, so we can continue to improve our services.
Do-Not-Track Signals and Similar Mechanisms. Some mobile and web browsers transmit “do-not-track” signals. Because of differences in how web browsers incorporate and activate this feature, it is not always clear whether users intend for these signals to be transmitted, or whether they even are aware of them. We do not take action in response to these signals.
Your Rights and Choices
Cookies. Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies. Removing or rejecting browser cookies does not necessarily affect all cookies that may be used in connection with our website. Please note that if you choose to remove or reject cookies, this could affect the availability and functionality of certain website functionality.
We do not knowingly collect any personal information from children under 13 without parental consent or as otherwise permitted by applicable law.
Data Retention, Security, and Integrity
We endeavor to maintain security measures to safeguard information, including by storing information with reputable third parties. You should understand that no data storage system or transmission of data over the Internet can be 100% secure.
Changes to the Privacy Statement
We may modify this Privacy Statement from time to time. When we update the Privacy Statement, we will revise the “Effective Date” date above and post the new Privacy Statement. We recommend that you review the Privacy Statement each time you visit our website to stay informed of our privacy practices.
If you have any questions about this Privacy Statement, please contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.